This is already my fifth article on Silverlight Networking, with only the Credentials in mind. Please read my other articles first:
- Silverlight Networking - Getting credentials to work, unsuccessful.
- Silverlight Networking - Getting credentials to work, a possible work-around?
- Silverlight Networking - Getting credentials to work, a new WebRequest
- Silverlight Networking - Being Responsive to the WebRequest, a WebResponse
A proxy is the solution
Also I've found some solutions that are fully customized for a specific situation, but I would rather like a more generic solution that can handle any request and response not just the two requests I need now.
I've tested this proxy, written in PHP. It works for me because I've got a Webhost that supports PHP and no ASP.NET. I've looked around to find a possible solution written for ASP.NET. This solution looks promising but you'll have to change it a little bit to forward the Headers also.
This is the implementation of the ProxyWebRequestExecutor.
So we now have something that can be used to bypass the limitations of the Silverlight Networking features. At least I have the code, and most of them is published through the different posts. I'm thinking about putting this functionality onto an Open Source site. Please leave a comment if you're interested.