My view about the overview of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

Microsoft published a white paper about Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. I read it and discuss it in a brief summary. The white paper discuss the different customer experiences that Visual Studio 2008 delivers through seven different technology areas.

1. Develop Smart Client Applications
  2. Create Microsoft Office Applications
  3. Build Windows Vista Applications
  4. Handle Data More Productive
  5. An Improved Developer Experience Overall
  6. Enable New Web Experiences
  7. Improve Application Life-cycle Management (ALM)

1: Develop Smart Client Applications

The ClickOnce application deployment is improved. Firefox is supported as a browser, very nice and necessary for ClickOnce becoming successful.

Something I'm not really sure about. Office 2007 UI support for native C++ applications. Those native applications can make use of the Ribbon Bar, Ribbon Status Bar and Mini-toolbar. But why only support native C++ applications? We want this feature for managed C# applications, don't we?

Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET provides an API to synchronize between data services and the local data store. This could be nice, but I hope it's solid. In the past I sadly met Microsoft Access Replication, something comparable to the basics I think. I'll never suggest a company to use Microsoft Access Replication. But ADO.NET Synchronization Services might work, I guess we will have to wait for Real World Experience on this.

2: Create Microsoft Office Applications

No comments yet, maybe later.

3: Build Windows Vista Applications

Visual Studio now provides tools for Windows Presentation Foundation. We can now use a designer to create our user interface, in the past we needed to use Microsoft Expression Blend.

4: Handle Data More Productive

Also new is the Language Integrated Query (LINQ). It supports querying for objects, databases and XML. And if I'm right LINQ 2 SQL is some sort of ORM tool. I try to look more into this in the future.

5: An Improved Developer Experience Overall

You have the ability to target different .NET Framework platforms while making use of Visual Studio 2008. Very nice, I'm not sure how far this goes. Are you able to build against the .NET Framework 1.1 but are you able to make use of IntelliSense trough the other platforms? Are you able to make use of designers for the .NET Framework 1.1? Don't think so, but I have to check first.

6: Enable New Web Experiences

The new web experiences consists of the integration of a new version of AJAX ASP.NET and the integration of Windows Live Services. Besides this it should be easier to consume a Windows Communication Foundation service.

7: Improve Application Life-cycle Management (ALM)

The most interesting thing is the enhanced Visual Studio Unit Testing. The performance is improved, but I'm interested to see if it is extendable and be used better in conjunction with Mocking frameworks.

• Gravatar mbt mens shoes May 9th, 2014 at 20:03
    where can i buy mbt shoes in uk My view about the overview of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 - Silverlight, WP7, .NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC
  • Gravatar fake vs authentic hermes birkin May 30th, 2014 at 04:01
    hermes bag kelly price My view about the overview of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 - Silverlight, WP7, .NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC
    fake vs authentic hermes birkin http://bybusklubben.dk/gallery/fake-vs-authentic-hermes-birkin-4517.html
  • Gravatar mbt store online June 24th, 2014 at 03:31
    But please stay on point Is her daily intake of 5 Tbsp of acacia the base cause of her appetite and weight loss???View Thread´╗┐diet to lose 9 lbs in one week
  • Gravatar website August 8th, 2014 at 02:01
    Hello, how's it going? I recently shared this short article along with a colleague, there was a fantastic snicker.
    website http://1onlinepaydayloan.com/
  • Gravatar click here August 8th, 2014 at 02:02
    This paragraph on the topic of Search engine marketing is in fact fastidious one, and the back links are actually very helpful to promote your website, its also called Search engine optimisation.
    click here http://4lifeinsurancequotes.com/
  • Gravatar creditos March 10th, 2015 at 00:41
    If some one wishes to be updated with hottest technologies
    after that he must be go to see this web page and be up to date every
    day.
    creditos
  • Gravatar ladies-hoodie.com October 24th, 2015 at 07:10
    In basic, I do not wash or dry clean any of the employed clothing items
    I have listed for sale.
  • Gravatar clash of clans illimité gemmes October 24th, 2015 at 10:05
    Le hack into est en mesure de distraire le serveur de tableau
    en pensant que vous-même avez achetées ressources o qual
    vous entrez pour être ajouté.
  • Gravatar aircon servicing singapore October 26th, 2015 at 05:40
    System pressures lower than these indicate a problem ' usually a
    low refrigerant charge if both high and low side pressures
    are below normal. Therefore, I posed Ken Minn, CEO and
    Founder this question: 'Will having my phone by an air vent, in my car affect its performance or damage the phone in any way shape or form'.

The aircon and heating system is one of the most neglected
    parts of a residential home.
  • Gravatar site here October 26th, 2015 at 12:48
    Moisture-wicking, fast-drying comfort.
  • Gravatar counseling hoodies October 28th, 2015 at 15:35
    The fit of the shirt is another important aspect that should be considered with
    proper care. Mens Ed Hardy over the net females must acquire checked out by each and every female
    as she will undoubtedly get one thing that provides out the best of her femininity.
    Along with the 222 from Schoettle-Colelli, Emily Barretta
    contributed with 152 for the Lady Colonials, marking on at least five frames.
  • Gravatar funny hoodies October 30th, 2015 at 05:04
    Uncover your favourite funny hooded top, complete with
    hilarious slogans and graphic design and style.
    They are exclusive, remarkable and will preserve you warm throughout the winter months.
  • Gravatar Fotbollströja June 17th, 2016 at 09:57